Saturday, February 07, 2009

Lost that blogging feeling...

... I think I'm due for a break.

There's a couple of reasons.

Firstly, work is busy. I started in a new team a few months ago and I am doing more of the stuff I'm really interested in. I'm starting work earlier, sometimes finishing later, and I have no time in the middle of the day like I used to.

Secondly, I'm enjoying my leisure time. I've started taping a bunch of shows on the media PC and I like to watch then between work and martial arts, or work and the gym, while I get the birdie boys out of the cage for a stretch. This gives me only enough freedom for a quick FB chat, then the computer is off and I'm out of the house again.

Thirdly, a lot of the time on the computer is spent reading a lot of different blogs, but a lot of wedding blogs. I am researching and saving and thinking a whole bunch of wedding stuff, and I don't have much room left in my brain for thinking up stuff for my own.

Fourthly, the stuff that I do write is mostly read by a small bunch of people, most of who I have on FB and keep in touch with anyway. I've noticed it more lately, but I feel like I'm talking to an empty room. The more I sense that, the less I feel like participating, then the more you sense that, and the less you feel like participating - it's a vicious circle.

Plus I could just be getting too old for this. I remember reading a lot of blogs when I first started reading them, a lot of them were in their late 20s at the time, and very few of them are still around here. Perhaps it's just my time.

To be continued...?

9 comments:

Lulu said...

no, no it can`t be your time! You have more blog fight in you, I know you do!

Take a break and see how you feel but I do hope you will come back.

I am heading into my mid twenties and I can`t really imagine not blogging but I suppose I might give it up one day- or perhaps go in a new direction and create a new blog.

I hope all is well in enny-land and that your business slows down soon.
Take care

Desci said...

To be continued...?

God, I hope so! xo

Easy said...

I'll miss you if you do go.

Hopefully it will be continued...

LaLa said...

I know the feeling, it can be hard to keep blogging when your life changes - I found that when I was single and miserable, I was a much more prolific blogger.

Whatever decision you make, it will eb the right one for you. And I'll see you on FB! xx

Anonymous said...

Awww Enny, we all lose that blogging feeling now and then.
I am sure you will be back. (i hope so!)

Don't think you can get away this easy!

Mummy/Crit said...

Yeah, i reckon you've still got it. I'm in my mid-30s. I'd like to hear about your wedding too!

Birdie said...

I am still reading, even though comments are sparse, but I understand completely the feeling you need to stop. No matter how much people want to read you there's always a point when you can't give them what they want.

I will try and blog more now to make up for the lack of Enny on the web, but I hope this is just a temporary break and not something more permanent. You're still my favourite blogger!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I thought you'd like to know that I read your blog! I'm new here but I like it. So keep going! I'd love to hear about your wedding! Its every girl's dream :)

Mars said...

i understand...